Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Rainbow Sports Club Membership and Season Passes
Terms and Conditions are current as of 1 December 2022. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. Members to be notified of any change.
Conditions of Use:
2023 Season: 1th of July – 8th of October 2023. 93 potential glorious open days. In season open days subject to, and may be closed due to weather, snow conditions, no snow, natural events, rain events, public health measures, and or other circumstances.
Membership validity :
Membership is only valid when the current year’s subscription is fully paid. Membership year is from 1st January 2023 to 31st December 2023.
Available on all memberships/season passes. 25% of full payment due at checkout. 25% of full payment due fortnightly until full payment is complete. The last date for this is 31 March 2023.
A $25.00 admin fee will be charged for missed/late payment.
Age range definitions: For membership purposes age is taken as at 30th of June 2023. Child: Under 7 years old.
Youth: is aged 7-17 years, or secondary school student with valid school ID. Adult: Aged 18 and over.
Senior: 65 to 74. Free Senior 75 +.
Members skiing/riding benefits and definitions: (personal to each member and non-transferable): Platinum Life Member - Free any-day skiing/riding at Rainbow, for the rest of the member’s life. Gold Member/Season Pass (adult, and youth) – Free any-day skiing/riding at Rainbow during each season that the membership is valid.
Silver Member/Season Pass - Free any-day of the week (Monday-Friday) skiing/riding at Rainbow during each season that the membership is valid.
Gold Family Membership/Season Pass - 2 adults and 2 youth (aged 7-17) from immediate family. Can include 3 generations (grandparent, parent and 2 youths). Extra youth must be from immediate family. Free any-day of the week skiing/riding at Rainbow during each season that the membership is valid.
Gold Student Member/Season Pass - Fulltime students enrolled at a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution only on production of a valid identification card from the institute concerned. ISIC cards are not accepted. Free any-day skiing/riding at Rainbow during each season that the membership is valid.
Gold Senior Membership/Season Pass - Free any-day skiing/riding at Rainbow during each season that the membership is valid.
Children under 7 and Seniors over the age of 75 - May have their own membership card and ski for free on payment of a card fee of $30.00. Alternatively, a free pass can be collected from the ticket office each day you ski/ride.
Membership - For those who want to be a part of Rainbow, but do not want a Season Pass. Entitled: Adults - $10 off weekend day passes. $20 off weekday (Monday-Friday) day passes.
Youth, Student and Senior - $5 off weekend day passes. $10 off weekday (Monday-Friday) day passes. Members must carry and display their membership card at all times to receive skiing/riding benefits. Voting rights at the Rainbow Sports Club Inc. AGM for all Members/Season Pass holders.
Refund Policy and Loss of Pass:
Refund policy: All Passes are non refundable from 1st April 2023 unless they have an approved reason that has been submitted to the Committee in place. All refunds incur a $35 fee per pass. Transfer to 2024 season does not incur a fee.
Loss or theft: Should your membership card be lost or stolen; this must be reported immediately to Rainbow Sports Club. Theft should also be reported to the police. A replacement membership card will be issued as soon as it can be processed, for a fee of $35.00.
Members reciprocal benefits:
ALL members are entitled to CSA discounts at some CSA affiliated fields please check with each field first.
General conditions of membership:
1. You must carry and display your membership card on your person at all times on the field and to be allowed access to the Mt from the lower carpark.
2. Your membership is NOT TRANSFERABLE. Fraudulent use of your membership or membership card will result in confiscation of the card, cancellation of your membership without refund or compensation, and the prosecution of all parties involved in the fraudulent use.
3. All Rainbow Sports Club members must abide by the snow users responsibility code and the instructions of safety personnel. Misconduct will result in the cancellation or suspension of membership privileges. Misconduct includes unsocial behaviour, reckless or dangerous conduct, the supply of incorrect or misleading information relating to membership, and non-compliance with terms expressed or implied relating to the club and ski-field.
4. Members must comply with reasonable instructions issued by the staff that operate the field.
5. You may not use your membership for any commercial use.
6. Our objective is to make the use of the resort a pleasant and safe experience for all users.
7. Members assume all risk of personal injury and property loss or damage. The member understands that skiing and snowboarding and other snow-sport are hazardous sports and that many hazards and obstacles, marked and unmarked, natural and man-made, exist within the Rainbow Ski Area boundaries. The member uses the area at his or her own risk.
8. Processing Fee: There may be a 3% credit card fee.
9. Any late payments will incur a $25.00 admin fee.
10. Final payment is required to use your season pass.
11. By purchasing a product, it is expected you will complete the transaction in full.
Rainbow Ski Area may be required to operate to the latest guidance and potential mandated health measures as imposed by relevant authority or government.