Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Rainbow Sports Club Membership
Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Rainbow Sports Club Membership and Season Passes
We understand that COVID-19 creates uncertainty for members and guests in terms of booking and buying passes. As a result, we have updated our Season Pass Terms and Conditions to include the potential impacts of COVID-19 on the Winter of 2021.
Season Pass Payment Plans
- Any late payments will incur a $25.00 admin fee.
- Final payment is required to use your season pass.
- Pass protection is available in conjunction with this product.
- By purchasing a product, it is expected you will complete the transaction in full.
If we are unable to open at ALL this winter because of COVID-19 we will offer you a credit to use your pass in the Winter of 2022 or a full refund (Minus an admin fee of $35).
Once we have opened, and even if the season is shortened because of COVID 19 there will be NO refunds as per our standard terms. This applies unless you have purchased the pass protection and you have not used your pass at all once the decision has been made.
All passes are refundable or transferrable to 2022 up until 31 March 2021 for any reason. Refunds incur an admin fee of $35.
From 31st March 2021 All Season passes are non refundable and non transferrable as per our standard terms and conditions unless COVID-19 prevents us opening or you have purchased Pass Protection.
To lower your risk, we are now offering an insurance product for your pass. This must be purchased before March 31st 2021.
All Seasons Passes purchased with insurance are fully refundable for any reason up until the 31 July 2021 as long as the pass has not been used. If you want to use your insurance and you wish to apply to have your pass refunded or transferred you need to email info@skiRainbow.co.nz to ensure this refund or transfer is actioned prior to 31 July 2021.
The pass protection product will also provide you further COVID 19 protection. Membership validity: Membership is only valid when the current year’s subscription is fully paid. Membership year is from 1st January 2021 to 31st December 2021
Age range definitions: For membership purposes age is taken as at 30th June.
Child: Under 7 years old.
Youth: is aged 7-17 years, or secondary school student with valid school ID.
Adult: Aged 18 and over.
Senior: 65 to 74.
Free Senior 75 +
Student: Fulltime students enrolled at a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution only on production of a valid identification card from the institute concerned. ISIC cards are not accepted.
Members skiing/riding benefits (personal to each member and non-transferable):
Platinum Life Member - free any-day skiing/riding at Rainbow, for the rest of the member’s life.
Gold Member – free any-day skiing/riding at Rainbow during each season that the membership is valid.
Silver Member - free any-day of the week skiing/riding at Rainbow during each season that the membership is valid.
Members must carry and display their membership card at all times to receive skiing/riding benefits.
Members reciprocal benefits:
Platinum and Gold members will be entitled to discounts off the full day pass at Cardrona and Treble Cone Ski Areas.
ALL members are entitled to CSA discounts at some CSA affiliated fields please check with each field first.
Children under 7 and Seniors over the age of 75: may have their own membership card and ski for free on payment of a card fee of $30.00.
Family Gold Membership: 2 adults and 2 youth (aged 7-17) from immediate family Can include 3 generations (grandparent, parent and 2 youths) Extra youth must be from immediate family
Each applicant must provide a recent photo
Refund policy: All Passes are non refundable from 1st April 2021 unless they have pass protection in place. All refunds incur a $35 fee per pass. Transfer to 2022 season does not incur a fee.
Loss or theft: Should your membership card be lost or stolen, this must be reported immediately to Rainbow Sports Club. Theft should also be reported to the police. A replacement membership card will be issued as soon as it can be processed, for a fee of $35.00.
General conditions of membership:
1. You must carry and display your membership card on your person at all times on the field and to be allowed access to the Mt from the lower carpark..
2. Your membership is NOT TRANSFERABLE. Fraudulent use of your membership or membership card will result in confiscation of the card, cancellation of your membership without refund or compensation, and the prosecution of all parties involved in the fraudulent use.
3. All Rainbow Sports Club members must abide by the snow users responsibility code and the instructions of safety personnel. Misconduct will result in the cancellation or suspension of membership privileges. Misconduct includes unsocial behaviour, reckless or dangerous conduct, the supply of incorrect or misleading information relating to membership, and non-compliance with terms expressed or implied relating to the club and ski-field.
4. Members must comply with reasonable instructions issued by the staff that operate the field.
5. You may not use your membership for any commercial use.
6. Our objective is to make the use of the resort a pleasant and safe experience for all users.
7. Members assume all risk of personal injury and property loss or damage. The member understands that skiing and snowboarding and other snow-sport are hazardous sports and that many hazards and obstacles, marked and unmarked, natural and man-made, exist within the Rainbow Ski Area boundaries. The member uses the area at his or her own risk.
8. Processing Fee: There may be a 3% credit card fee.
2021 Price List Explanations
Adult: Applies to persons aged 18-64 years.
Youth: Applies to persons aged 7-17 years.
Student: Applies to persons that have valid NZ or AUS Student ID’s.
Senior: Applies to persons aged 65 - 74.
Child : Applies to children aged 0-6 years.
Free Senior Applies to 75 years plus
Rainbow Platinum Life Membership - for the Rainbow diehards and dedicated supporters we now have the option of a very limited number of lifetime memberships. Platinum Life Members are full members of Rainbow Sports Club Inc. and can ski or ride for free any day that Rainbow is open, for the rest of their life. All funds from Platinum Memberships are targeted for capital development projects.
Rainbow Gold Membership- this gives you the freedom to ski or ride as few or many days as you want during the season, because you can ski or ride for free on any day that Rainbow is open. You will also receive reciprocal discounts at most other club ski fields in NZ.
Rainbow Silver Membership - Ski or ride for free on any weekday that Rainbow is open during the season. You will also receive reciprocal discounts at most other club ski fields in NZ.
Reminder that Rainbow will be shut on Tuesdays.
Season + Family Memberships:
In addition to skiing and riding benefits, all levels of membership are full members of Rainbow Sports Club Inc. and receive the following member’s benefits:
Voting rights at the Rainbow Sports Club Inc. AGM.
Affiliate discounts at Canterbury Snowsports Association affiliated fields including Mt Cheeseman, Broken River, Craigieburn, Temple Basin, Mt Olympus, Fox Peak and Hanmer Springs (Amuri Ski-field).
These discounts can change prior to the 2021 Season.